If you’ve been following the guidelines set by the CDC to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus, you’re careful to avoid touching your face and to wash your hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. But did you know that the cash in your wallet is carrying thousands of germs and other microorganisms? Debit cards aren’t much better, and usually carry their own armies of germs and microorganisms.
As the coronavirus continues to spread, it’s best to stick to these guidelines for hygienic money management:
- Bank online and with your mobile device. Check the balance in your accounts, transfer funds, deposit checks, and more.
- Disinfect and clean debit cards. They can pick up germs from every surface they contact and should be cleaned and sanitized often.
- Minimize the use of cash. Cash can carry a tremendous amount of germs since it changes hands very often.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds after touching cash, or a debit or credit card.
- Wash your hands before and after touching a payment terminal or an ATM.
Quorum offers for you
A good loan can lead to good changes.
No matter what your goal, our market-leading HELOC can help you make it happen.
Make Way for Mobile Deposits
Making a mobile deposits with Quorum’s mobile banking app is as simple as snapping a picture of your check. No stamps, no lines, no hassle.